Ordering water for delivery over the phone can be a painful experience. To make it a bit easier for you, we have listed some common Thai phrases that are related to water delivery ordering.
Tell your opponent on the other side of the line what you need in English and enforce the keywords in Thai.
Whatever it is, remember to keep calm. If your requested is not understood, call another company.
- Plain Water (no bottle) – Nam Plao
- Bottled Water – Nam Kowat
- Boiled Water – Nam Tom
- Drinking Water (could be any of the above) – Nam Duem
- Cold Water – Nam Yen
- Ice – Nam Kang
- Hot Water – Nam Rawn
- Warm Water for Taking a Shower (e.g., a hotel feature) – Nam Un
Pricing and Payment:
- How Much? -Nee Tao Rai?
- Expensive – Pang
- Very Expensive – Pang Mak
- Can You Give a Little Discount? – Lot Noi Dai Mai?
- Cheap – Took
- May I Have a Receipt? – Kor Bai Seht Rap Ngern Noy Dai Mai?
- 1 – Neung
- 2 – Song
- 3 – Sam
- 4 – See
- 5 – Haa
- 6 – Hok
- 7 – Jet
- 8 – Paed
- 9 – Gao
- 10 – Sip
- 11 – Sip-Et
- 12 – Sip Song
- 20 – Yee Sip
- 30 – Saam Sip
- 100 – Roi/Loi
Once you have mastered from one to ten, the rest is easy.
Number’s Unit – 10: Sip, 100: Roi, 1,000 Pan, 10,000: Muen, 100,000: Saen, 1,000,000: Laan
Example- 21: Yee sip et, 22: Yee sip song, 23: Yee sip saam, 30: Sam sip et, 32: Saam sip song, 45: See sip har, 57: Har sip jet, 63: Hok sip saam, 71: Jet sip et, 89: Paed sip gao, 98: Gao sip paed, 1200: Nueng pan song soi, 1,312: Nueng pan sam roi sip song
From the above example I hope you can pretty much combine the unit with the numbers.
Size and Units:
- Small / Not Much / A Little Bit – Nit Noi
- Large – Yai
- Litre – Litr
Other Useful Phrases:
- Why? – Tum Mai?
- What? – Arai?
- Hold On Please! (phone) – Theu Sai Roo Sak Kru Na Ka/Krab!
- Come with Me! – Ma Kab Chan/Phom/Si!
- How Long? – Narm Mai?
- Do You Understand? – Kow Jai Mai?
- I Do Not Understand – Mai Kow Jai
- Yes – Chai
- No – Mai Chai
- Can (you/I) – Dai
- Can Not – Mai Dai
- Never Mind (handy all purpose phrase to express the Thai go-with-the-flow attitude) – Mai Pen Rai
- Thank You – Kop Kun
- Thank You Very Much – Kop Kun Maak
Are there any other Thai phrases missing here that will make the ordering of water easier? Send us a note and we will add them on.